Pune is a destination characterized by good climatic conditions and sound transportation system. It is well-known for its historic importance, and popularly known as the IT hub of Maharashtra.
There are several ways of reach this city. It doesn’t matter if you are taking an Indigo flight to come to Pune or coming via roadways; the city offers the visitor a journey full of surprises and self-discovery. Here, in this article, we have mentioned ten weekend getaways near Pune that will give you a reason to live life to the fullest.
- Alibagh– This quaint coastal town of Maharashtra evokes memories of serene calm, which are hard to find in big towns and cities nowadays. Thanks to its incredible beaches, Alibagh is often referred to as ‘Goa of Maharashtra’. Head out for a 3-hour drive from Pune to Alibagh for the much-needed weekend break.
- Kamshet– Situated around 50 km from Pune, Kamshet is a hilly area surrounded by scenic green forest and tranquil lakes. This picturesque getaway is a perfect way to calm up your adventurous spirit. You can indulge in several activities like paragliding, cave tours, and boating trips, to name a few. The destination has plenty of temples and has avenues for sightseeing that have rich historical and cultural significance.
- Lonavala- One of the most popular honeymoon destinations, Lonavala is a place to rejoice and relax. It features dense jungle, lakes, garden and greenery. Located around 70 km from Pune, Lonavala is a home to forts, temples, and other sightseeing places. This charming destination remains occupied during the holiday season. You can take a Pune Delhi flight and land at Pune to reach Lonavala in a short time.
- Panchgani- The quaint hill station has a lot of places to explore for the wanderers and the romantics. Situated around 100 km from Pune, this destination offers multiple options for the thrill-seekers too. The destination serves as an excellent camping area and paragliding zone.
- Matheran– Located at an altitude of 2,516m above the sea level, Matheran is a must-visit to experience nature in its full glory. The blend of natural vistas includes cliffs, waterfalls, natural tunnels, and a lot more. Since there are no motor vehicles allowed, you may want to plan your trip considering this fact. But once you reach the serene environs of the hill station, you will be left spellbound by its beauty.
- Bhimashankar- Situated around 110 km from Pune, the nature resort of Bhimashankar is ideal for trekking and wildlife viewing. Adventure lovers and outdoor fanatics alike will be intrigued by the diverse scenic vistas, trekking trails, and its natural scenery. Make sure to visit the Shiv temple that has 12 Jyotirlingas.
- Khandala– Pristine greenery, trekking, paragliding, sightseeing and much more; what else can you ask for if you are at a hill station. At Khandala, there is something for every tourist. Its diverse flora and fauna and points like Duke’s Nose and Rajmachi are a delight for outdoor travelers.
- Goyna– Goyna is an ideal tourist destination famous for its wildlife sanctuary. The wildlife available here is diverse. The place is a home to panthers, tigers, squirrels, woodpeckers, and cobras.
- Tarkarli– The place is famous for its white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, and incredible marine life. It is a good pick for people who are interested in water sport activities like Kayaking, Jet Ski, and scuba diving.
- Diveagar– This place is famous for beaches and serene waters that meander through our mind even after the journey is over. This village is the most preferred destination among the youngsters.
Heading out to Pune already? Do let us know which of the above places will be a part of your travel itinerary?